What is Fibromyalgia?
Fibromyalgia is a condition defined by the presence of feeling a constant pain in specific parts of the body. Symptoms of Fibromyalgia are comparable to those of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome where patients can also experience symptoms of depression, fatigue and disturbed sleep along with aching stiff and sore muscles.
Fibromyalgia is diagnosed when pain is present in at least 11 out of the 18 general tender points that include:
- Lower neck
- Insertion of the rib
- Upper thigh
- Knee joint
- The base of the skull
- Neck and upper back
- Inside of the elbow
- Upper and outer buttocks areas
What Causes Fibromyalgia?
Causes of the disease are characterized by these following symptoms:
- Reduced circulation/lack of oxygen and damage to the muscle cells.
- The reduced circulation that prevents sufficient amounts of oxygen to the body.
- A higher rate of muscle tissue break-down that causes pain and fatigue.
Treatment for Fibromyalgia
Some general treatments have been used to treat the symptoms of fibromyalgia that can come with adverse side effects in some individuals. There are however lots of natural treatments available that are safe and effective in treating the symptoms of Fibromyalgia.
Patients may find benefits from some of the following treatment options:
- Magnesium supplements (a nutrient that supplies the body with oxygen fueled energy).
- Malic Acid (aluminum detoxifier that supports brain and muscle function).
- Manganese for metabolism and energy.
- Vitamin B1 to support oxygen metabolism.
- Regular chiropractic treatments and massage therapy that include heat treatments and pressure point therapy to reduce pain and improve energy and mobility.
- A nutrient-rich diet, regular exercise, at least 8 hours of sleep every night for adults and 10 -12 hours for children.